Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Progress

Not farm progress - well, that, too, I guess.  My husband jerry-rigged the tractor to mow the lawn (we've been having a problem with the belts - the expletively expensive John Deere belts that break the first time out).  It looks great.  He still gives credit to Gibby Crazy Horse for keeping it mostly mowed and making it easier.  The new hens are completely integrated with their older flock mates with not much squabbling.  And I weeded a little, a very little, around the greenhouse and in the asparagus.  

No, the progress is on my bid for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification. I think I am done with two of the four entries.  I feel like I dived deep into writing today during my Study Hall, during my preps, during my meeting (cancelled) period, and during lunch.  I barely looked up from my drafts or computer screen. I can't believe I've been in this room for 10 hours. Fortunately, there were two periods with kids in here, but other than that - yikes.  I can't even tell if what I wrote makes any sense.  I need to step away and not think about it for a few hours. 

In the middle of all that, I fielded tons of email and wrote one version of my final exam - two more versions to go! I corrected one paper - just 74 more to go!  I texted my husband to ask him to pull something out of the freezer because I am so fried, there is no way I can cook tonight.  I had the temerity to ask my walking buddy if she wanted to go for a walk, but she's getting the school newspaper out, so I went back and persevered with my National Board.  Good thing, because one part I thought was pretty solid -I re-read it and it was utter crap. Well, half utter crap, and half so-so.  Now it is all so-so.  Sigh.  I don't think any of it is perfect, but it's due, so it's done.  You know what I mean? 

No comments: