Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beef Delivery

We decided to go in on a cow with some neighbors.  Tomorrow, our 1/4 will be in the freezer - all grass fed and good.  We'll have to move some items from the chest freezer to the smaller freezers, but it will be worth it!  It's the next best thing to growing your own. 

I am going to Maui tomorrow for a work day with teachers from the other campuses of our school.  I love doing the work, but I am not looking forward to the whole airport thing.  It isn't so bad flying direct from Hilo to Maui, but to get back we have to fly the wrong direction to Honolulu and then back over Maui to the Big Island.  It's asinine and irritating, and I am not looking forward to it. Maui is going to be busy in the evening, too.  (I have to secretly admit I am not fond of Maui - long story). 

I ran into my niece at school today - she was giving a guest talk in one of the classes. I asked her how long my sweet potato slips could sit in the bucket, since the garden isn't done being layered with mountain of compost.  She said, "Forever.  Don't put them on any ground you don't want them to grow on!!!"  (She really did add the three exclamation points, you know, verbally.)  It was reassuring. 

I haven't had much time to exercise, which is making me cranky.  It's the end of a marking period, so the kids are all scrambling and I sat until 4:30 twice this week helping kids finish work for other classes.  I feel like a saint - well, not really, but I do feel virtuous.  At least the mostly rest has let my hamstring heel up a bit. 

Well, that's it for me - not very exciting - except for the beef! 

No comments: