Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Little More into the Spirit

I decided to write each kid a personalized note to hand out with a tiny little candy cane. Yeah, I am cheap - and lazy, since I would normally bake several different kinds of cookies to give out on finals week. 

I think I will do it again, though, because I heard things like: 

"Aww!  That made my day!" 

"You wrote one for everyone - wow! Thanks!" 

"A personalized note - that's so cool!" 

And just to keep me humble - I heard (a LOT):

"Wait - can you read this? Her handwriting is so ... difficult." 

Then there was the funny kid who announced loudly, "Hey, mine says I'm her favorite student!"  I agreed, of course, because it was funny - and because secretly, I have a soft spot for him since his mom was my teaching assistant and she passed away a few years ago.  I often wish to tell her what a good boy he is, and how proud I am of him ... 

Getting into my classroom is the surest way to clear up a bad mood. 


No comments: