Friday, October 28, 2011

Using Veggies

My vegetarian daughter is home, and I have some veggies to use up.  I was thinking about making veggie balls.  I am kind of mashing together (pun intended) a few different ideas to make these; I am hoping they will come out well. 

My idea is to cook various root vegetables until they are soft, mash them to get the right consistency, add peas and a little flour, egg and garam masala (which I have to make),  form the mixture into balls and roll them in panko and fry them in a few tablespoons of olive oil - or put them in mini-muffin pans with a small amount of olive oil which is my short cut way to make meatballs.  I am hoping they taste a little like the samosas I ate in London, only without the pastry.  Probably, I will serve them with the very last of the lettuce and some home made hummos.  It doesn't seem like a lot of food, but it does seem a little fiddly.  Maybe I will feel full just from all the handling of the food, but my family will be hungry...I should think of something else to serve with it.  Eggs, probably, because we are still in that awkward between harvests time and there aren't many other choices.  And rice, because this is, after all, Hawaii. 




No comments: