Friday, October 5, 2012

In the Greenhouse

Today was a day to work out in the greenhouse.  I pulled out all the plants, topped off all the pots with a mix of potting soil, compost, and coffee grounds.  I planted three kinds of tomatoes (might be too late in the year, but worth a try), bok choy, three kinds of basil, winter squash, lettuce, and cucumbers (also late in the year). 

I planted sweet potato slips under the ti leaves and in the pile of compost left over from the potting pile dumped by my husband.  There are still quite a lot of slips to plant, but we're not quite done with layering the compost on the outside garden. 

One of the Buff Orpingtons is standing on one leg.  I can't really see anything wrong with her leg - no sores, swellings, or breaks, but the ewe's not limping anymore.  Odd. 

No comments: