Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Rain, It Raineth...

...everyday, it seems.  And the size of the drops - like golf balls at times.  We've had gusts up to 50 miles an hour in some parts of the state, but I don't think necessarily at my house.  It's been gusty, howling even, but I don't think as high as 50 miles per hour.  The stalls are soggy, portions of my gardens are flooded, and it's cold.  Cold for us means 60-63 in the house and quite a bit colder outside, but nowhere near what so many of you have to face in the winter. 

All of this meant that the weekend was pretty much spent indoors.  I did run out and frequently check on Allie who is due any time now, but beyond pulling a few weeds and watering in the greenhouse, gardening consisted mostly of scowling at my beds and thinking, "Everything is going to drown." 

I did work on my sadly neglected patchwork quilt, took a long nap, and considered pickling and crystallizing ginger - considered, didn't actually do.  Other than that, I accomplished nothing this weekend - driving kids to a couple of activities, a little bit of laundry, and some piece work.  That's it. 

Oh, and taxes and FAFSAs and scholarships - none of which got all the way done.  Very frustrating and head hurting - and apparently, so unpleasant, the tasks and hours of work I spent on it are hidden from my memory - because I didn't remember them until the end of this entry.  

No comments: