Friday, February 22, 2013

To Illustrate My Point...

 When I mean a lot of rain, I mean a lot.  Welcome to the rainforest.  This was after just half an hour of heavy rain. 
 You build for rain here, which means gravel draining areas and big gutters and downspouts. 
 Sometimes, the gutters aren't enough. 
 It was too dark when I got home, but this is how my pastures looked, too. 
 Rain that sheets down. 
 And ponds. 
And floods. 













We had over 5 1/2 inches of rain in just a couple of hours.  We've been a little spoiled - from October 2011 to October 2012, it rained like this at my house just about every day (I think there were 4-5 days that it didn't rain in that year period).  And this is why I have decided that for anything other than cabbages, I need greenhouses. 

No comments: