Sunday, October 6, 2013

Wee Haw: Fall Break

Yes, I have a two inch stack of papers to grade this week.  Gotta love that yesterday at the race kids were asking, "How did I do on my essay?"  - you know, the essay they just turned in the day before?  I laughed,  "You think I graded those already?!"  I always feel bad when I have a small outburst like that, but I could see his mom grinning at me from the door, so it couldn't have been that bad.  Sometimes I think I am too uptight. Sigh.  Fortunately, this kid can handle a little sarcasm.  He's a good kid - they all are, really. 

Yes, I decided on the fly to mirror the history time periods, so I am re-thinking everything for next quarter so even more work to do.  Yes, I have to spend between 2 and 6 hours at school on any given day this week - but that's not 10-11 hours, so WOO HOO, it's Fall Break! 

So my usual impossible list is pared down to - check if there are any sweet potatoes in any of the patches.  Plant some lettuce and broccoli, and clean the basement.  And take a few naps and go on a lot of long walks (I think best while walking). 

Oh well, time to get ready for Mass.  Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments: