Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Young 'Uns Have Me Pegged

First there are my two-legged children who ask, "Can you make me food?"  at random times, just in case I say yes.  They never ask their father, "Can you make me food?"  (I usually say, "No, you've got hands - make a sandwich,"  but occasionally I relent, which is my downfall.) 

Then, there are the lambs.  When they can't figure out what the gate is for, even while watching their mama head out to the pasture - who carries them out to the flock?  Me, of course.  When I am not there to carry them out, do they languish waiting for "Dad" to carry them out?  No, of course not.  They use the gate. 

I think there is a lesson in there, somewhere. 

Those of you who are praying folk, please keep my daughter's friend in your prayers today.  On her 11th birthday, she was diagnosed with bone cancer.  They are 9 months into a year of treatment.  She's received a bone graft on her femur, which is being held in place with a metal strut.  The strut broke and she is facing a major surgery tomorrow to repair it.  She's been through a lot in the last few months - as have her parents.  If you could keep them in your thoughts and prayers, please.... 

No comments: