Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Minnie Finally Did It

The babies are here!  I actually was able to watch this time.  I went out to do an evening check at about 8:30 and found her with two little feet and nose emerging.  I ran in to get my youngest and we were able to watch her deliver a smallish ram lamb and a large-ish ewe lamb.  I had to clear the nose of the ewe lamb because the sac was still covering her nose, but other than that, all was well. 

In a switch from previous lambs, the white one is the ram and the black one is the ewe.  I'll need to castrate the ram lamb pretty soon here - he is related to every single ewe on the place.  It's a bummer, because I would like more of the white colored lambs.  They do look like Elvis' get; I'd rather hoped Spot caught her before he died. 

I will post pictures later - it is pouring down rain and I don't want to bring the camera out into it. 

Today is one of my kids' birthday - so we have a house full - have to check on the home fries in the oven and attempt to dislodge the cake rounds from their pans.  I am good with bread and terrible with cake.  Rather depressing. 

No comments: