Saturday, June 9, 2012

Back Again

I went to Kona this week to work.  I did take a few pictures with my phone camera, but they aren't great.  I will try to get them off an on this blog later, but I have been feeling guilty for not posting, so I am just going to post today. 

One of my hens has a egg duct prolapse.  I am not having luck catching her - and I am not sure if I am going to cull her or try to repair it when I do catch her.  I need to elicit some teenage help to catch her I think. 

I have been taking advantage of summer freedom to walk 6-7 miles every day.  I am trying to work my way up to actually running some of it, but my knees aren't cooperating.  Having Elvis ramming me every few months hasn't been good for my knees - although my knees have been dicey since having Osgood-Schlatters in middle school anyway. 

Today, though, my husband and I went "together" - which means I walk and he runs ahead and then meets me on his way down, which cuts my walk short.  However, there was a garage sale!  We stopped and there were actually things we wanted!  (Odd around here where people try to foist of junk).  We ran the two miles home (well he ran, and I jogged) to get money and the car.  I ran for more than two telephone poles (my usual thing is to run two poles, walk one, etc)!  I am SOOO proud of myself. 

We provided amusement to the garage sale hosts when we literally pulled out the piggy bank to get the last five dollars in change.  I bought some fabric remnants for a quilt (I like to work on a quilt every summer), a mirror, a lovely set of soup plates, a silver plate pie server, and a trivet.  My husband got an ancient dehumidifier (and to be honest, he picked out the trivet).  Oh, and we got a cheese slicer!  I am so excited because it looks like you can actually replace the wire on this antique.  We are forever breaking the wires on those things and they aren't replaceable.  As you can probably tell, I am ridiculously easy to please. 

By 8 am, I have accomplished a goal, acquired a big pile of someone else's junk, and I still have the whole day ahead of me.  I think the next big thing is stripping animal stalls and expanding the outside garden.  I have another business trip in two weeks, so there are a lot of things I need to get done. 

Pictures coming soon of heiau and Kona ocean and a very cool freshwater spring next to the hotel which is also where King Kamehameha the Great settled when he retired after uniting the islands.

No comments: