Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Still Waiting...

Minnie lost her mucus plug last night.  When I announced the news last night, I got two disinterested stares and two "Yucks".  I can still feel the lamb(s) moving around pretty vigorously, even though she is walking around swaybacked and sunken.  So it will be any day now, but I am hoping for the weekend, actually. 

Nothing much else going on around the farm.  It was rainy so long, the ground is still like pudding - difficult to do anything.  It was quite windy (50 mile an hour gusts), so I had hopes it would dry things up a bit, but it hasn't to any appreciable amount.  That's no excuse for the basically wasted greenhouse space, but I plan to tackle that this weekend.  Unfortunately, the greenhouse is quite far from the compost pile and the tractor working is an iffy proposition - which means plenty of work for my on-its-last-legs wheelbarrow.  Good exercise, anyway.

I am going to end up with way too many jalapenos - I threw an old pepper in a pot and there are about a million seedlings in there that need to be replanted.  I will have to make pepper jelly or really hot salsa again.... jars and jars of it.  


2 comments:

Chai Chai said...

Good luck, can't wait to see pictures of the new little lamb(s)!

NancyDe said...

Chai Chai....once they come...I will have to dig out the camera....I am still waiting.