Thanks, Chai Chai for the "Life is Good" award!
I am going to pass this award along to Beyond My Kitchen Window, because she makes things look beautiful and passes along such yummy recipes and also to Kelly at Mainelyewes because of her inspiring winter projects.
There are some tasks that go along with this award beyond passing it along, so here goes....
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I guess I blog semi-anonymously. So far, the people I have met on the blog have been inspiring and so kind, so so far so good!
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Even though it might have made a lot of sense to move back to Oahu three years ago, I just knew deep down that holding on to this land was important. I am still not sure that I was right to be that stubborn - usually I try to be very compliant - but that's the path we're on, so we'll play out the hand.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
A person with more to do!
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
I love lemonade made from the lemons on our tree and iced tea.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Reading, hands down - but if I had a ridable horse, that would be my very first choice: a long ride.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I would love to get my PhD.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
Overachiever - and that is saying something in light of the pressure cooker school I attended in Honolulu.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
If I say one thing, I will short at least five people in my life....so I will just wrap it all up with the birth of ALL of my kids.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I try to make my life more amusing than it sometimes feels. It helps :). I like writing about the sheep and the horses.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read, on most days - although I do enjoy talking to friends. It is just that, if I am on the phone talking, I feel like I also have to be cleaning. It is just a weird habit. Reading is the most persistent habit of my life, and the one habit in which I find the most comfort, besides being on a horse.