Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lack of Sleep

I blame it on Grandpa - I was not sleeping last night.  It seems insomnia is catching.

Nah, just joking.  Actually, I was thinking about work, worried I am wrong about the time that Minnie is due, and just generally stewing.  I kept half falling asleep, thinking/dreaming I heard a ewe in distress and waking up fully to realize it was just my husband snoring.  Yeah, I am not sure how I confused those sounds either - it's just a measure of my wooziness from lack of sleep.

Considering I have at least 2-3 hours of driving around after work between picking up kids and running errands, maybe I should consider another cup of coffee.... except I don't want to be up tonight, too.  Probably the kids will be loud enough to keep me up while driving.

As my son pointed out after a particular driver's ed lesson: "Sleepy tired is as bad as Drunk driving.  Mom, you are SO guilty."

6 comments:

Chai Chai said...

I got a good laugh at the comparison between a distressed ewe and a snoring husband!

NancyDe said...

Once I was awake to realize what I was thinking, I thought it was pretty funny, too.

Grandpa said...

I just LOL too!!

Your boy is right, don't drive while you are sleepy. When my kids were young even when I had a coke in my hand they would say "Don't drink and drive"!

Getting up early and sometimes collecting durians in the rain is taking a toll on me too. We think the body can take anything, but we better start listening to it before it collapses.

Take care and stay well, Nan.

NancyDe said...

Grandpa, pretty convenient you just wrote that post on insomnia....right in time for my post.

The rain is getting to me over here, too - it is like a (very gross) slip and slide out in the yard. Feeding the animals is a bit of a chore in this kind of weather.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love your blog!
The other night I had a dream that my chicks got out of their brooder and were dying, I woke up and ran to check on them. They were fine. :)
I don't know how you do it with all your home chores, running kids around, and work! I will join you for another cup of coffee :)

NancyDe said...

Renee, I am always having dreams about my animals. Last night, though, my dream was about a different kind of mammal - my more iconoclastic students. I was trying to make taro patties on a wood stove and they kept trying to eat them before they were ready - which is bad news, since taro has oxalates which make your throat swell and itch.