Thursday, May 12, 2011

These are the Times that Try Teachers' Souls...

Those last few weeks of the school year....I have to remind myself that there are always really stupid decisions being made on the fly by administrators - especially in a school where they don't listen to teachers.  I have to remind myself that people adjust, and even this current round of soul-killing stupidity will be adjusted to.  Once I have pointed out the ramifications of said stupid and soul-killing decisions, there really isn't anything else I can do.

On the bright (and slightly stressful at the same time) side, my parents are coming for the weekend.  The 16 year old is finally getting Confirmed!  As excited as I am to see everyone, my house is dusty, the kids' rooms are close-the-door scary and both Middle Schoolers have performances this week - which means last night (practice) and tonight and tomorrow night are booked solid.  I have a stack of grading an inch high and those peppers and eggplants need transplanting.  My step-father is allergic to cats and dust, so I really need to find time to dust and wash bedding thoroughly.

Take a deep breath, phew.  Somehow, it will all work out.

No comments: