Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Horses got out...

which isn't dangerous, because the whole land is fenced, and they usually get out into the house yard - no way to get to the road.  But they leave big hoof pukas in the grass, and that darned mare ALWAYS has to walk directly across my garden.  The rain is pounding down what is left of my bean plants - but I can tell even before that, she walked right over at least some of them.  I seriously need to get a fence up around that area.

The hens seem to be slowing down with eggs, probably because it has been so dark and rainy, which is a bummer, because I suddenly have more customers than eggs.  I should get some more chicks, but they need the whole light and heat thing - better to do it when I can be home for several weeks, like a longer vacation.  

No lambs, and I had a seriously rough day, except for a nice chat with my best friend from high school (HI, Daph :) ), so not much more to say.  My younger son can't handle when his dad is gone for this many nights in a row, and we both lost it over the math homework. Maybe I have less patience than some parents, because I have been listening to homework excuses all day....

No comments: