Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Morning Chores

Less than fun going out in the semi-dark.  Forgot that the light in my tack room is either unplugged in my husband's workshop or burnt out....and forgot my flashlight.  Although I was up at 4 am, my husband and I were talking (he's leaving for the week again) and I didn't get out of bed until 5:20 - too many things need to be compressed in too short of conversation time: sheep fencing, next projects, can we build (afford) a green house, oops, you forgot to check the oil on the Chevy....(for some reason, I am deemed incapable of doing this task - and that is fine, because the last thing I need is one more thing to do).

Anyway, all this conversation left me groping in the dark to feed animals.  I did everything just fine - except I just know that rattling noise was the sickle falling behind the feed cupboard.  I tried to feel around, but I think I am going to have to pull it out and get behind it.  Stupid of me to leave it on top, instead of putting it back where it belongs (it was dark when I fed last night, too - and I still had to go in and cook dinner and help with homework).  My kids go to Kamehameha and there is a lot of homework - particularly as they approach the end of a grading paper - lots of projects which are frustrating without at least someone to help you glue.

Wish I had more time with the animals and the garden.  These 13 hour work days (well work and then running around for kids' activities) just make everything feel rushed and half done.  I just have to keep in mind that the long term goal is to get out from under and to be able to spend more time on producing our own food and less time working to buy from someone else.

No comments: