Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving snuck up on me...

I have been extra-specially scatterbrained these days.

I am lucky that I have food in the fridge for tomorrow, and that I loaded up on animal feed.  I am very happy that I remembered on Monday that I had forgotten to take out the turkey, and lucky that my husband hadn't left for work yet so he could pull it out of the freezer to defrost in the fridge.

I am absolutely grateful that somehow I remembered my kids had early release and I needed to find someone to cover my classroom after lunch so I could pick them up!  (Believe me, there have been times they've called, "Ummm, Mom?  Where are you?" and times they have been the absolute last kids on the school curb, waiting for a ride).

What's not so great is that I keep thinking I have one more day to get ready.  Well, today is the day - my parents arrive in three hours.  There are so many chores still need to be done; I haven't fed the animals....

Somehow, blogging is even MORE fun, when you have too much to do...

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Faith said...

I hear you on the scatterbrained thing. LOL

Have great fun with the family! Happy Thanksgiving!

~Faith

Chai Chai said...

Teachers procrastinating? Learning from the students?

Haven't fed the animals, that is OK because the dog cane eat your homework.

Sorry, horrible puns.

NancyDe said...

Faith, I am so scatterbrained, I can walk into a room and forget half the stuff I planned to do there....when I forget the other half, I will start to worry....

Chai, animals fed (got it done before dark), kids marshaled into helping...shh, don't tell my students, I try to keep my procrastinating for home....

NancyDe said...

Darn it, forgot the one egg my hens are laying these days.....see what I mean? Time to trudge back out to the barn....

Grandpa said...

Take it easy Nan, you sure have loads to do, and to be ready in time too...but things will normally fall into place, I sure hope they do for you now

Happy Thanksgiving!

NancyDe said...

Thanks, Grandpa! I got the bare minimum done - and mom and stepdad are off the plane and on their way!